TASIS Parent Association (TPA)
Current parents are members of the TASIS Parent Association (TPA).
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The TPA is committed to building a strong school community by
- fostering a spirit of inclusion and cooperation within the school community.
- promoting open communication between parents, teachers, and school administrators.
- connecting the community through social events to make all families feel welcome.
- enhancing the school environment through fundraising activities.
Run by parent volunteers, the TPA works closely with the TASIS administrative team to coordinate key programs and events throughout the year.
TPA Executive Committee:
- President: Jennifer Zanarini
- Vice President: Lisa Orlando-Izsa
- Treasurer: Laura Colombo
- ES Co-Coordinators: Lada Saratova, Lindsay Guest
- MS Co-Coordinators: Marianne Odfjell, Maria Popova
- HS Co-Coordinators: Sabine Moravi, Manuela Cerra
TPA Organizing Committee Members:
- Used Uniform Sale: Melany Tekock
- HS Sports Banquet Coordinator: Aleksandra Dochnal
- Spring Events Coordinator: Consuelo Soldanini Nores
- Winter Events Coordinator: Open position
- Autumn Events Coordinator: Open position
The mission of the PSC is to promote open communication between parents, teachers, and school administrators.
The primary objective of the PSC is to create an open dialogue between parent representatives and the School. It also is a platform for communicating families/parents feedback and common concerns and issues about academics, School events, trips, and initiatives. In this way, parents and the School administration work together on solutions for these and other issues.
There is a separate PSC for each division: Elementary School (ES), Middle School (MS), and High School (HS). Each of these committees comprises parents representing the American and Italian sections, different nationalities, multiple languages, and all grades.
Each division-level committee meets regularly with its respective School administrators to discuss and find solutions about topics and issues brought forth by parents during the school year. Each committee has a maximum of eight PSC members, including a PSC Coordinator selected by the TPA and the TASIS administration.
PSC meeting are scheduled with the faculty and the Headmaster four times per year. Each PSC Coordinator sets up meeting dates with the administration before the end of the School year.
Each PSC committee has a one hour meeting with
- ES Head, MS Academic Dean and MS Dean of Student Affairs, HS Academic Dean, HS Dean of Students, and Italian Section Coordinator (ES and MS) according to each division
- If relevant, other School leaders and employees deemed appropriate by the Headmaster
- Director of the Learning Resource Center
Each PSC Coordinator shares agenda points at least 24 hours before the meeting and minutes after the meeting with the administration for approval.
Minutes will be written in the same format for all divisions and highlights will be added to Weekly Bulletins. PSC members communicate regularly during the year to stay aligned on the shared vision of PSC.
To get involved in the PSC, please contact the relevant PSC Coordinator or email@example.com.
2019–2020 Parent Support Committee (PSC)
|Brunella Pignaton - ES PSC Coordinator||Grade 4 Italian section||Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, French, English|
|Muriel Aciman - MS PSC Coordinator||Grade 7 Italian section||Turkish, English, Italian, French|
|Ana Costa Felix||Grade 6 American section||English, Portuguese|
|Ana Cristina De Attayade||Grade 7 American Section||English, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, French|
|Linda Lopes||Grade 6 Italian section||Spanish, English, Italian, French|
|Marianne Odfjell||Grade 8 American section||Norwegian, English|
|Jennifer Zanarini||Grade 7 American section||English, Italian|
|Hanne Wibholm Hansen - HS PSC Coordinator||Grade 12||Danish, English|
|Angelika Camargo||Grade 10||English, German|
|Manuela Cerra||Grades 9||Italian, English|
|Lorenza Fiori||Grade 10||Italian, English|
|Katja Mohr ||Grade 12||German, English, Italian|
|Vibeke Stanford||Grade 11||Italian, English, Norwegian|
|Jennifer Zanarini||Grade 9||English, Italian|
Throughout the year, the TPA organizes events and activities that promote school spirit and enhance the School environment.
- Fall Festival
Students celebrate Halloween with games, and trick-or-treating for Elementary students. Middle and High School students enjoy a Halloween Brunch.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Holiday Market
Students and faculty members sing carols around the tree decorated by the TPA. The one-day Holiday Market features unique products offered by TASIS students and parents and food stalls to benefit the Service Learning Program.
- Egg Hunt
Held just before Spring Break each year, the Egg Hunt is a festive occasion for Elementary students with crafts, games, and prizes for the whole family.
- Spring Gala
Held every two or three years, this themed event aims to raise money for specific campus development projects.
- Teacher Appreciation Dinner
The TPA coordinates parent initiatives to support teachers, including teacher gifts and an annual teacher appreciation lunch for all TASIS faculty and staff.
- Spring Grill & Chill
The TPA and HS Student Council team up to coordinate this annual all-school event. Students, parents, and teachers celebrate spring with a delicious barbecue, games, and an outdoor movie.
Proceeds from fundraisers support the TPA and TASIS programs.
- Gently-Used Uniform Sale — Throughout the year, the TPA accepts donations of gently used, clean uniforms in good condition (free of stains or holes). These are sold on Opening Day and throughout the year. Sale dates are announced through the weekly division bulletins and on the TPA instagram account: @tasis_tpa_lugano.
- Reusable Water Bottles — The TPA sells BPA-free refillable water bottles for CHF 30. Help the TASIS Green Team promote environmental consciousness by buying a bottle for your children to refill and reuse! These bottles are also useful for class trips, outings, and sports. To place an order, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message to the TPA Instagram account: @tasis_tpa_lugano. All proceeds will go toward TPA events organized on behalf of TASIS students.
- Artisan Umbrellas (made in Italy) — The TPA sells beautiful umbrellas that students can put in their backpacks for any rainy day! These gorgeous umbrellas also appeal to parents and make great gifts! To order, please send an email to email@example.com or send a message to the TPA Instagram account: @tasis_tpa_lugano.
The Community Life Committee connects our families through on- and off-campus events and activities.
- Gite (Day Trips)
Discover hidden treasures in the villages and mountains of Ticino and in Lombardy, Italy, through a gita (an outing)! Throughout the year, TASIS parents organize gite to encourage friendships between new and existing TASIS families as we learn about our beautiful local surroundings.
- TPA Lunches & Cocktails
Held regularly throughout the school year, these popular lunches are a great way to welcome new families and catch up with other TASIS parents.
Each Elementary School class has a room parent dedicated to supporting the teacher’s activities throughout the year, including the following:
- Help teachers and students with class activities throughout the year. Halloween, Christmas, Carnival, and Easter are opportunities to spend time in class decorating and doing activities.
- Help parents meet and get to know each other.
- Help new parents understand the School and surrounding area.
The Booster Club supports our TASIS sports teams and assists the Athletic Director and coaches. Possibilities for parent volunteering include the following:
- Help plan sports banquets.
- Act as team parents for specific teams.
- Organize appreciation gifts for coaches.
All of the exciting activities and events that the TPA does throughout the year would not be possible without a strong group of volunteer parents that make them happen. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved and help make the TPA even stronger.
Donations by bank transfer:
TASIS Parent Association
Via Collina d’Oro 15
IBAN: CH04 0900 0000 1512 5586 0