TASIS Parent Association (TPA)
Current parents are members of the TASIS Parent Association (TPA).
Contact: email@example.com for more information.
The TPA is committed to building a strong school community by
- fostering a spirit of inclusion and cooperation within the school community.
- promoting open communication between parents, teachers, and school administrators.
- connecting the community through social events to make all families feel welcome.
- enhancing the school environment through fundraising activities.
Run by parent volunteers, the TPA works closely with the TASIS administrative team to coordinate key programs and events throughout the year.
TPA Executive Committee:
- Co-Presidents: Laura Colombo and Brunella Pignaton
- Communication Specialist: Susan Puckett
- Treasurer: Susan Puckett
TPA Board Members:
- ES PSC Coordinator: Anne Dorthe Riis Tanderup
- MS PSC Coordinator: Irina Svetlova
- HS PSC Coordinator: Muriel Aciman
The TPA Executive Committee and TPA Board Members work together as the TPA Executive Board.
TPA Organizing Committee Members:
- Social Coordinators: Vittoria Marazzi, Francesca Varano
- Pannettone & Teacher Appreciation Coordinators: Muriel Aciman, Francesca Notarbartolo
- Holiday Market Coordinators: Laura Colombo, Francesca Varano
- Room Parent Coordinator Hadsall/Aurora: Katie Schwab
- Room Parent Coordinator Focolare: Lisa Nardo Amabile, Enrica Nino Fasciano
- Used Uniform Sale Coordinators: Natalia Milani, Melany Tekock
- ES Egg Hunt Coordinators: Natalia Milani, Francesca Varano
- ES Halloween Coordinators: Lisa Amabile, Enrica Nino Fasciano, Katie Schwab
- Used Book Fair Coordinators: Enrica Nino Fasciano, Katie Schwab
- Community Day Coordinator: Brunella Pignaton
- Coordinators: Marianne Odfjell, Jennifer Zanarini
- Used Uniform Sale Coordinator: Open position
- Used Book Fair Coordinator: Jennifer Zanarini
- Bake Sale Coordinator: Jennifer Zanarini
- Halloween Brunch Coordinator: Open position
- Coordinator: Aleksandra Dochnal
- Used Book Fair Coordinator: Lorenza Fiori
- Sports Banquet Coordinators: Aleksandra Dochnal, Vibeke Stanford
- Bake Sale Coordinator: Hanne Hansen
- Used Uniform Sale Coordinator: Jean Wu
- Halloween Brunch Coordinator: Open position
The mission of the PSC is to promote open communication between parents, teachers, and school administrators.
The primary objective of the PSC is to create an open dialogue between parent representatives and the School. It also is a platform for communicating families/parents feedback and common concerns and issues about academics, School events, trips, and initiatives. In this way, parents and the School administration work together on solutions for these and other issues.
There is a separate PSC for each division: Elementary School (ES), Middle School (MS), and High School (HS). Each of these committees comprises parents representing the American and Italian sections, different nationalities, multiple languages, and all grades.
Each division-level committee meets regularly with its respective School administrators to discuss and find solutions about topics and issues brought forth by parents during the school year. Each committee has a maximum of eight PSC members, including a PSC Coordinator selected by the TPA and the TASIS administration.
PSC meeting are scheduled with the faculty and the Headmaster four times per year. Each PSC Coordinator sets up meeting dates with the administration before the end of the School year.
Each PSC committee has a one hour meeting with
- ES Head, MS Academic Dean and MS Dean of Student Affairs, HS Academic Dean, HS Dean of Students, and Italian Section Coordinator (ES and MS) according to each division
- If relevant, other School leaders and employees deemed appropriate by the Headmaster
- Director of the Learning Resource Center
Each PSC Coordinator shares agenda points at least 24 hours before the meeting and minutes after the meeting with the administration for approval.
Minutes will be written in the same format for all divisions and will be added to Weekly Bulletins. PSC members communicate regularly during the year to stay aligned on the shared vision of PSC.
To get involved in the PSC, please contact the relevant PSC Coordinator or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018–2019 Parent Support Committee (PSC)
|Anne Tanderup Riis - ES PSC Coordinator||Grade 2, Italian section||Danish, English, Italian, German|
|Francesca Varano ||Grade 5, Italian section||Italian, English|
|Katya Grigorian ||Grade 5, American section||Russian, English|
|Brunella Pignaton ||Grade 3, Italian section||Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, French, English|
|Porsia Ippolito||Grade 2, Italian section||Italian, English|
|Katie Schwab ||Grade 2 and 4, American section||English|
|Filiz Canga||Pre-K and Grade 5||English|
|Irina Svetlova - MS PSC Coordinator ||Grade 8, American section||Russian, English, Italian|
|Muriel Aciman||Grade 6, Italian section||Turkish, English, Italian, French|
|Jennifer Hung Zanarini ||Grade 6 American section||English, Italian|
|Francesca Notarbartolo||Grade 7, American section||Italian, English, French, Spanish|
|Marianne Odfjell||Grade 7, American section||Norwegian and English|
|Anne Tanderup Riis||Grade 8, Italian section||Languages: Danish, English, Italian, German|
|Muriel Aciman- HS PSC Coordinator ||Grade 11||Turkish, English, Italian, French|
|Silvia Baroni||Grades 9 and 10||Italian, English|
|Olga Corradini||Grade 12||Italian, English|
|Veronica Craveri||Grade 9||Italian, English|
|Aleksandra Dochnal||Grades 9 and 12||English|
|Lorenza Fiori||Grade 9||Italian, English|
|Katja Mohr ||Grade 11||German, English, Italian|
|Ute Panella||Grade PG||German, Italian, English, French|
|Hanne Wibholm Hansen ||Grade 10||Danish, English|
Throughout the year, the TPA organizes events and activities that promote school spirit and enhance the School environment.
- Fall Festival
Students celebrate Halloween with games, and trick-or-treating for Elementary students. Middle and High School students enjoy a Halloween Brunch.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Holiday Market
Students and faculty members sing carols around the tree decorated by the TPA. The one-day Holiday Market features unique products offered by TASIS students and parents and food stalls to benefit the Service Learning Program.
- Egg Hunt
Held just before Spring Break each year, the Egg Hunt is a festive occasion for Elementary students with crafts, games, and prizes for the whole family.
- Spring Gala
Held every two or three years, this themed event aims to raise money for specific campus development projects.
- Teacher Appreciation Dinner
The TPA coordinates parent initiatives to support teachers, including teacher gifts and an annual teacher appreciation lunch for all TASIS faculty and staff.
Proceeds from fundraisers support the TPA and TASIS programs.
- Gently-Used Uniform Sale — Throughout the year, the TPA accepts donations of clean uniforms in good condition. These are sold on Opening Day and on the first Monday of each month.
- TPA Cook Book Sale — A collection of international recipes from TASIS parents and TASIS Chef Fabio Marrone. Copies of the cook book are available at reception for CHF 35.
The Community Life Committee connects our families through on- and off-campus events and activities.
- Gite (Day Trips)
Discover hidden treasures in the villages and mountains of Ticino and in Lombardy, Italy, through a gita (an outing)! Throughout the year, TASIS parents organize gite to encourage friendships between new and existing TASIS families as we learn about our beautiful local surroundings.
- TPA Lunches
Held regularly throughout the school year, these popular lunches are a great way to welcome new families and catch up with other TASIS parents.
Each Elementary School class has a room parent dedicated to supporting the teacher’s activities throughout the year, including the following:
- Help teachers and students with class activities throughout the year. Halloween, Christmas, Carnival, and Easter are opportunities to spend time in class decorating and doing activities.
- Help moms meet and get to know each other.
- Help new moms understand the School and surrounding area.
The Booster Club supports our TASIS sports teams and assists the Athletic Director and coaches. Possibilities for parent volunteering include the following:
- Help plan sports banquets.
- Act as team parents for specific teams.
- Organize appreciation gifts for coaches.
All of the exciting activities and events that the TPA does throughout the year would not be possible without a strong group of volunteer parents that make them happen. Please email email@example.com to get involved and help make the TPA even stronger.