University and College Counseling Resources
The ACT is America's most widely accepted college entrance exam. It assesses high school students' general educational development and their ability to complete university/college-level work.
- ACT Test Preparation
The SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) is administered by the College Board. There are two sections to the test: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math. Each is scored on a 200-800 scale.
- SAT Test Preparation
- TOEFL - Test of English as a Foreign Language - The TOEFL test is a requirement for admission into colleges and universities where instruction is in English. The exam is usually required of students whose first language is not English.
- IELTS - The International English Language Testing System
- ACT compared to SAT
- CollegeBoard Information for Parents
- FairTest - List of test-optional schools
University and College Searching
- CollegeBoard's BigFuture - US University Search
- AUA - American Universities Abroad
- AAICU - Association of American International Colleges and Universities
- European Universities Consortium - Private English-Language Universities in Europe
- UniversityStudy.ca - Canadian University Search
- Swissuniversities.ch - Swiss Federal University Search
- Studyfinder.nl - Netherlands University Search
- studyinaustralia.gov.au - Australian University Search
- Study HK - Universities in Hong Kong
- UCAS - UK Application Process and University Search
- NSSE Pocket Guide to Choosing a University or College