General overview of position:
- Counsel students and families on the application processes for universities around the world.
- Support a portfolio of seniors/postgraduates (approximately 40 or fewer) through the college counseling process.
- Educate students, parents, faculty, and administrators regarding all aspects of the university application process, trends in university admissions, and the use of Cialfo and Unifrog, our internet based counseling software (or others as necessary).
- Respond to and manage all developments that arise over the summer including those associated with university decisions that are still in progress at that time.
- Write school statements and individualized letters of recommendation..
- Conduct classes, programs and/or workshops for students, parents, and faculty as well as individual meetings with students and parents.
- Inform students and parents about the curriculum offerings of TASIS and advise students of appropriate curriculum choices to meet TASIS graduation requirements as well as to prepare them to meet various university entrance requirements.
- Consult regularly with college admissions representatives on current practices and admissions trends and to advocate on behalf of student applicants.
- Pursue opportunities for professional growth and school exposure by participating in professional organizations, attending conferences, visiting college campuses individually and attending college-sponsored counselor events.
- Host college representatives on campus.
Summary of educational background and professional experience needed:
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
- Significant experience in college counseling and/or university admissions; experience counseling international students applying globally.
- Experience using Cialfo, Unifrog, and Veracross preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the IB and AP programs.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with multiple constituencies and a diverse international student body.
- Multilingual preferred. Italian is the local language.
Professional skills needed:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with experience working with the Microsoft Suite, the Google suite and other software as necessary.
- Detail-oriented, organized, able to perform well under pressure and to meet deadlines, high professional standards and ethics, flexible and able to continuously triage and reprioritize tasks.
- Collaboration and proactive problem-solving skills.
The University and College Counselor should also be available to perform any task relevant to the position assigned by the Supervisor and the School in line with the provisions of Swiss law.
Interested candidates should complete the Faculty Employment Application.