Classes for the 2018–2019 Academic Year began on the morning of Monday, September 3, and TASIS opened the year with 705 students. Below are a few notes about this year’s student body.
- The Elementary School (grades Pre-Kindergarten through five) opened with 190 students, the Middle School (grades six through eight) opened with 125 students, and the High School (grades nine through postgraduate) opened with 390 students.
- 181 students are new to TASIS.
- 524 students are returning to the School, marking a strong retention rate of 86 percent.
- The Class of 2018 (106 seniors) is slightly larger than last year’s graduating class of 103.
- The 20 Middle School boarding students are all new to TASIS, as last year’s group consisted solely of students in grade eight.
- 60 percent of High School students are boarders while 40 percent are day students.
- 57 nationalities are represented in the student body (see list below).
- 35 different languages are spoken as a mother tongue (see list below).
- The ten nations most represented in the TASIS student body are, in alphabetical order, Brazil, China, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- New nations added to the student body this year include Argentina, Czech Republic, Moldova, and Pakistan.
Nations represented in the 2018–2019 TASIS student body:
|Belarus||Ireland||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Czech Republic||Mexico||United Arab Emirates|
Languages spoken as a mother tongue in the 2018–2019 TASIS student body: