- Take the A2 Highway, follow signs for Lugano and get off at the Lugano-Sud exit. Stay in the left-hand lane and turn left at the first set of traffic lights (follow signs for Ponte Tresa).
- At the next set of traffic lights, turn left onto Via Paradiso (direction Ponte Tresa).
- Follow the winding road uphill. After you pass the Tamoil Gas Station on your left, take a left at the traffic light.
- Get into your left lane, turn left at the traffic light onto the via Collina d’Oro (direction Montagnola/Agra).
- Follow the road through the village of Gentilino, pass the Sant' Abbondio church (lane of cypress trees in front of the church) on your left. Following the church, take the sharp switchback curve to the right. Notice the white wall with The American School in Switzerland written on it on your left as you complete the tight curve.
- Park in the parking lot on the right 50 meters after completing the curve (blue zone one-hour parking for which you must have a disc-dial to set the time and display in your windshield).
* Note: To drive on highways in Switzerland, you must have the Swiss Highway toll sticker (may be purchased at the border) on the car windshield. Stickers are valid from January to December.
- The public lots next to Hadsall and in Certenago (near Norma, Panorama, and Gianni dorms) are communal parking spaces. They are marked with a blue zone disc sign. Parking spaces are denoted with blue stripes on the ground. Public communal parking allows for one hour only. Set the parking disc to the next mark on the dial, and place the disc behind the front windshield where it is clearly visible.
* Note: Cars in Europe are generally equipped with disc cards. If you do not have a disc card, please ask a TASIS staff member to provide one for you.
- From Milan: Trains run regularly between Milan and Lugano. The Inter City (fastest train) from Milan to Lugano takes about one hour. See www.trenitalia.com for more information. Regional trains from Milano Centrale or Porto Garibaldi train stations in Milan can take up to 110 minutes and may require you to change trains.
- From Zurich/Geneva: A Lugano-Zurich train ride takes about 2-3 hours. Geneva-Lugano takes about 4 ½. Consult the Swiss Federal Railway - SBB Online for schedules and tickets.
- TASIS is a ten-minute taxi ride from the Lugano train station. Ask to be taken to the "Scuola Americana" in Montagnola.
- Milan’s Malpensa International Airport is the nearest international airport. TILO train connections to the Lugano Train Station are available. More information.
- Zurich Airport. "Airtrain" connections to the Lugano Train Station are available when booking your flight. More information.